Therapy for Addiction
More often than not, individuals in recovery do not seek sufficient support for their mental health, which can lead to relapse. We work with those in recovery aligning with the individuals recovery plan promoting sustainable sobriety.
Drug addiction symptoms and behaviors include, among others:
- Feeling the need to use the drug regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Being certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get the drug, such as stealing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Failed attempts to quit using the drug
If you can relate to any of the above symptoms or behaviors, it may be time to consider addiction counseling.
As an licensed marriage and family therapist, I will support you in your recovery. We will diagnosis areas of life where you struggle whether it be in family, relationships, occupational, social, or faith. At Family Revelations, we’ll structure the time and content of your ongoing recovery.
I believe that there are many paths to successful recovery that will work with your goals and desires, and ensure you can make the life changes you want to make. Contact me today for a free consultation.